We are open for daycare all week!
Monday - Saturday 7am - 7pm
Sunday 12pm - 7pm
We have the ability to divide our daycare into two different areas to accommodate size and energy level. We have changed up our approach a bit. We are able to divide our daycare dogs into two groups by partitioning the area so that higher energy dogs can be separated from the lower energy dogs. This means that we can have some smaller dogs who are in need of a higher level of play with some of the larger dogs and vice versa. Owners can stipulate the kind of play group that they are comfortable with their dog participating in.
Our daycare floor is covered in sport court quality flooring called Padenpor that helps keep the dogs’ joint’s safe during play. We also have an outdoor patio play area that is a lot of fun for them during nice weather.
In addition to playtime, we give each dog an outdoor walk. It’s a nice time for some one-on-one and also helps keep potty training in play.
Getting Started with Daycare
Here’s how to get started:
Make sure that your dog is up to date on all vaccines required before making an appointment for a Temperament Test. If you are not already in our system as a grooming customer and have your dog’s vaccines on file, you will need to send in veterinary certification of the vaccines listed below
Required vaccines include:
• All Puppy Core Vaccines
We can accept puppies that are completely vaccinated and capable of attending daycare. After they reach 7 months, all dogs attending must be spayed or neutered.
Fill out our Temperament Test questionnaire. Once you have completed it, we will be in touch with you about setting up your dog’s Temperament Test. If you don’t hear from us within a day, please call us at 301-656-2663 and we will get you set up! The testing is done early in the day between 9am and 2pm. It usually takes only 30 minutes or so.
Temperament Testing Days/Times
By appointment only:
- M-F: 8am–2pm
- Saturday: by appointment
Your dog just passed the first part of his/her Temperament Test! Congratulations! Now let’s get his/her first play group scheduled. The first day of daycare is free. It is really the second part of testing, as it is only through active play that we can truly be sure about each dog’s nature.
Playgroup Sign Up
Here is how to get started. You can access your information by logging in using the Doggie Daycare Playgroup Sign Up button, located above. When you registered, you selected your username and password. (For those of you whom we manually registered and who did not select a username or password, your username is your email address. You can use your email/username to start, then click "Forgot Password" to make your own password.)
You now will be able to select days and timeframes for your dog to play! We ask that you do the following:
- Select the days that you need.
- Select a timeframe: Half Day or Full Day
- Accurately put down your expected start and finish time matching your use.
- Please take your dog off the daily schedule as soon as you know that you can not get him/her in for daycare. If you are unsure how to remove your dog through your portal, you can always call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Be considerate and make sure that your dog is healthy enough to attend daycare.
We are excited that many clients are able to go back to work (in person) and ask for your help in making your dog's daycare reservations as soon as you know your schedule. We will have a limit for each group and are capping online reservations when we reach near capacity for each group so that we can plan staffing, etc. If you have an issue signing up, please email us at email@example.com or call 301-656-2663 for help.
Please let us know about any days that you might need to cancel as soon as possible. You can either do this by going to your online portal, sending an email or just call us (especially if it is within 24 hours) to cancel a time frame that your dog isn't able to attend.
Daycare Pricing & Packages
- Full Day — $60 (7-12 hours)
- Half Day — $30 (1-6 hours)
30/60 Day Flex - $1,350
- Discount Full Day $45 Half Day $22.50
- 30 full days / 60 half days or can be used either way until package is depleted.
20/40 Day Flex - $960
- Discount Full Day $48 Half Day $24
- 20 full days / 40 half days or can be used either way until package is depleted.
10/20 Day Flex - $510
- Discount Full Day $51 Half Day $25.50
- 10 full days / 20 half days or can be used either way until package is depleted.
5/10 Day Flex - $270
- Discount Full Day $54 Half Day $27
- 5 full days / 10 half days or can be used either way until package is depleted.
Late Pick Up
We close for all of our daily services at 7pm. If you are running late, let us know ASAP. We will accommodate late pickups with the charge of $1 a minute up until 7:30pm. After 7:30pm, you dog will automatically be boarded (at full boarding cost) and you will be able to pick your dog up at 7am the next day.